Outreach and Inclusion
North Ridge High School is an ‘outstanding’ special school in Blackley, North Manchester. The outreach team from North Ridge is led by two experienced SEN Teachers and fully supported by a specialist Teaching Assistant for Outreach and Inclusion work.
The purpose of our service is to provide outreach support to mainstream high schools to support the inclusion of pupils with cognition and learning difficulties up to L2 (KS3) and L3 (KS4).
Aims of Outreach Service
We offer outreach support for mainstream high schools across North Manchester
• To work with high schools in the district to identify common needs and develop district and school based projects and responses;
• To build the capacity of high schools to improve outcomes for pupils with cognition and learning difficulties;
• To raise expectations in the quality of teaching and impact on learning to pupils with SEN;
• To provide capacity building training to main stream schools to develop staff confidence and skills in teaching and learning for SEN pupils;
• To share outreach practice and agree clear pathways for referral;
Please contact: Katie Roberts or Anna Conway for further information: 0161 234 3588